Sunday, October 3, 2010

Part of the Crowd

Why do so many people do nothing while watching someone else endanger? Or is it that bystanders should morally be objected to step in? Who would want to involve themselves into something that could turn out dangerous for their own life? Or even to just not want to get involved? But with every action are consequences. In November of last year, 2009, I was in the parking lot minding my own business walking to my car. Little did I know from a ninety degree angle there was a car blaring music straight down the parking lot. I, being curious as I usually am, stopped to just watch this naive kid who obviously just got their license, try to pull into a tiny parking spot. While he was pulling into a parking spot, he hit the side of a brand new Honda. Of course what does he do next? He just pulls on out and speeds away from the damage he just caused. I didn't know what to do, I just stood there. Sure I should have said something, but I didn't want to be a "tattle-tell". That kid was so inconsiderate by just zooming on out without leaving a note for what he has done, someone worked hard for that car. But of course me, being the bystander, stood there hopelessly and went on about my everyday daily life. I should have spoke up, but I didn't. I know if that was my car, I would have wanted for someone to leave me a not on my car with the licenses plate number of who caused the damage. But nobody did, and I was a witness who joined the crowd of the silent.

Picture Citation:

"A Parking Lot." Night Drive Through Moscow: View for a Car Window. Web. 3 Oct 2010. http://www.russiablog.org/2007/01/_one_of_the_older.php

No comments:

Post a Comment